Kate Woodman. noun. (/keɪt wʊdman/)—
1. A storyteller. Always striving to create powerful narrative imagery that connects you to your humanity while paradoxically helping you escape it. When worlds don’t exist, I make them up in Photoshop.
2. A practical polymath. Full time photographer, director, digital artist, art director & retoucher; part time stylist, set designer, location scout, composite artist and producer. I’m not a control freak, I just like to do it all. Just don’t ask me to do makeup.
3. A former engineer. As comfortable with spreadsheets as I am storyboards. Ten years of field tested creative problem solving skills, which tends to come in handy when your grip truck no-shows and you need to jerry rig a light to a tree with some c-clamps and gaffers tape, with six minutes of sunlight left (true story).
4. An educator. An obsession with color theory and the science behind it, combined with a compulsive need to teach others, has resulted in numerous tutorials, speaking engagements and the occasionally residency as a collegiate professor.
5. A master parallel parker.
Airbnb, FCB Health, Lord Jones, Wieden + Kennedy, Harman Kardon, JBL, Nike, Amika, Alyson Eastman, Purity Vodka, Saints & Sinners, Pendleton, GoDaddy, Scepter & Sword Wine Co., British Vogue, Oregon Bride, Marie Claire